Your departmental web site supports a number of different kinds of content. The homepage is organized by regions, and content from some of these content types are displayed in various blocks in these regions.
Table of Contents
Click on the content types to find out more about what they are:
- Article — Allows you to post Departmental News
- Basic Page — Allows you to post mostly static information that changes infrequently (ie NOT news, events, directory listings, etc)
- Courses — Allows you to provide basic information about courses
- Event — Allows you to post upcoming departmental events based on dates
- Lab — Allows you to post information about Research Labs in your department.
- Personnel — Allows you to provide contact information, biography, CV, research, publications, etc for a Faculty & Staff directory
- Research Area — Allows you to list the different types of research being done in the department.
- Slide — Allows you to load large dynamic images as "sliders" in your homepage
General Homepage Diagram
The site diagram below shows an example site and how they have chosen to integrate various pieces of content in their homepage.