In FY17, Franklin OIT will continue to offer an IT Professional of the Year Award. This award recognizes an IT professional for his or her excellent performance and outstanding contributions to the College. The recipient will be recognized at a Franklin College reception in late spring where he or she will receive an award of $1,000 and a certificate of recognition.
Nominees must be full-time staff members in Franklin OIT or a unit within Franklin College of Arts and Sciences and in a classified position in the IT job family; please see the UGA pay plan for information about the IT job family. They must have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous service in the College at the time of nomination. Previous IT Professional of the Year Award recipients are ineligible for three (3) years.
The award will be based on exemplary performance including the following criteria:
- Performs consistently at a high standard
- Creates a seamless experience for clients whenever possible
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding and technical abilities required for his/her position
- Consistently meets objectives of projects and requests
- Manages time effectively
- Keeps a consistent schedule, documenting and communicating any schedule changes effectively
- Leads by example, demonstrating initiative and innovation in the workplace
- Achieves defined outcomes and milestones on schedule
- Takes the initiative to plan and organize work
- Excels in decision making and problem solving
- Is consistently available to assist clients and coworkers during the work day
- Promotes positive morale
- Consistently projects a positive attitude in the workplace
- Devotes time to building and sustaining positive relationships with clients and coworkers
- Cooperates and demonstrates the ability to work effectively as a member of a team with colleagues
- Demonstrates personal accountability and avoids blame
- Maintains a strong commitment and loyalty to the College
- Works in alignment with relevant IT priorities, policies, standards, procedures, and practices
- Attends and/or promotes department and college activities
- Serves as an exemplar and mentor for colleagues
- Stays on task and demonstrates initiative to do what needs to be done
- Coaches team members
- Demonstrates professionalism and clarity in all communications
- Serves as a positive representative for Franklin OIT and Franklin College
You can nominate an IT Professional for this award by filling out the online nomination form. Nominations are due by Friday, April 13, 2018.
Nominees should be certain to fill out the complete nomination form. Supporting documentation can be submitted in lieu of answering the questionnaire. Submissions that do not complete the questionnaire or submit supporting documentation will be disqualified.
We use a peer review committee to identify the recipient of the award that is chaired by the previous recipient of the IT Professional of the Year Award.
Previous IT Professional of the Year Award Recipients