Purpose of this document
Qualtrics can require survey participants to log in/authenticate using their UGA MyID and password before they can take your survey.
Step 1: Go to Survey flow for your survey
Click the Survey Flow button at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Add New Step to Survey Flow
Click the "Add a New Element Here" text on the next screen
Step 3: Select Authentication Protocol
Choose the Authenticator option
Step 4: Configure Authenticator
Enter the following settings into the Authenticator options.
- Set Authentication Type to "SSO"
- Uncheck "Associate Respondent With Panel" - this is only necessary if you want to limit access to certain CAS users. See Selective CAS Authentication for Qualtrics Forms
- If you want to capture the user's myID on their responses, Check "Capture respondent identifying info"
- Click "Add embedded data" and enter "UserID" in the first field and "uid"
- Set SSO Type to "CAS"
- Set Hostname to "cas.uga.edu"
- Set Port to "443"
- Set URI to "/cas"
Step 5: Move all survey blocks under Authenticator block.
This will ensure that no parts of the survey will be accessible until the respondent logs in first. If any survey block(s) is above the authenticator, it will not require a login to access questions in those blocks.
Use the "Move" option on each of your survey blocks to click and drag each block under the new Authenticator area. This will ensure that no parts of the survey will be accessible until the respondent logs in first.
Step 6: Save Flow
Click Save Flow in the bottom right corner to save your settings.
Now go forth and distribute your survey link to the world, and only UGA faculty, students or staff with valid myID's will be able to access it.