Franklin OIT transitioned the college's digital signage platform to AMX Inspired Signage. As part of this transition, we are partnering with local vendor TSAV for digital signage support, and we will be directing all digital signage hardware and support requests to them directly. The Digital Signage Service Level Agreement is available in our Self-Service website.
The following documents the steps for assisting content creators and managers get up and running.
Accessing Composer Software
- Go to http://sign.vet.uga.edu:8080
- Login using your MyID and password (be sure MyID is selected in the Directory dropdown menu)
Publishing to Your Departmental News Playlist
- If the dashboard appears, click on the Go to Composer button in the top left corner
- In the left hand column, select Messages
- In the right hand column, select Create Message (Shift + A)
- Select a template (text/image or ticker), then click Next
- Give the message a name, add text or images to the desired fields, and click Save
- Select Set Message Validity
- In the left hand column, under the Tasks menu, select Add Rule
- Check the Valid From and Valid To boxes and specify the range of dates the message should be displayed, then click Save. (Please note: You may leave the Define Specific Weekday Rules box unchecked if you wish)
- Select Add Messages to Playlist
- Select the departmental news or ticker playlist the message will be published to and click Save
- Click the Finished button once you are ready to publish
- Select the Publish button at the top of the screen to publish your message
Understanding Player Layouts
Each player is setup with 4 content areas:
- UGA News (Top Right) - this playlist is managed by Franklin OIT and publishes slides containing news from the UGA RSS feed.
- Franklin College News (Bottom Right) - this playlist is managed by Franklin College External Affairs and publishes college-level news across all Franklin College players
- Departmental News (Main Window) - this playlist is managed by your department. You may use this playlist to publish news, events, and information pertinent to your department.
- Ticker (Bottom ticker) - this ticker playlist is managed by your department. You may use this ticker to publish news, events, and information pertinent to your department.
There are six different templates available to use when creating messages:
Aurora 4x3 Image and Text Item
(Small image on right, text on left)
Aurora 4x3 Image Only Item
(Large image above text)
Aurora 4x3 Image and Title Item
(Full window image)
UGA 20x1 Character Ticker
UGA 20x1 Character Ticker Feed Reel
(For use with an RSS feed, e.g. UGA news, weather, etc.)
UGA 4x3 Title and Bullet
(Title and bullet list)